May 27, 2014

The Weekly

This past week was full of mini-adventures.
I tested some new recipes, new donuts, and even gave myself an artificial nail manicure.

Top left: I visited Shady Maple Farms Market on Monday and picked up a half dozen fun flavored donuts for Josh and I. We had s'more, caramel pretzel, cappuccino, blueberry filled, and my personal favorite, bacon and chocolate covered donuts. So now you know, I seriously love donuts.

Top right: My friend Courtney and I decided we were going to bake our way through the Hummingbird Bakery Book. So far we made the classics, Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes. Next up: Red Velvet Cupcakes and Chocolate Brownies! Yum! (And the work out plan starts again!)

Bottom left: I treated myself to some new nail polish while running some errands. I also decided to pick up a nail kit so I could do my own artificial nails. Going to the salon can add up! I bought the kit for about $5 and it comes with a dozen nails for each finger. So I can pamper myself or invite the girls over for a manicure and a movie. A quick tutorial will be coming soon!

Bottom right: I have been trying out a bunch of new dinner recipes lately, the most recent being Maple Salmon. It was a nice change of pace since I normally use some citrus and herbs to season my fish. This made the fish sweet. But really, how could you ever go wrong with adding maple syrup to anything?

This week I finished my cousin's wedding gown!
Her wedding is Saturday, so pictures will follow. 
I love the way it turned out and I think she will look stunning in the gown. It is so vintagey and romantic! 
I have no idea what I am going to wear, however!
Time to whip up something new!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment