August 29, 2012

Inspiration Library.

Nothing is better than relaxing with a good book that stimulates the mind with design inspiration.
I thoroughly enjoy the hunt for a great new book.
So I found a few books that need to be part of my library.  

I first stumbled upon this London Style book on eat drink chic's blog. Which led me to Amazon.com. Which led me to stumble upon some more interior design books. Which led me to desire these books in my life. 
This book is full of beautiful pictures and inspiration I could drool over for hours while sitting at a chic kitchen table sipping tea. 
I would love to visit London, and when I get that chance, this book will be in my carry on.
 Case closed.

One of my favorite things about a well decorated room are the color choices. I was attracted to this French Flair book for that reason. Nothing is better than a well planned color pop! 
Except maybe an ice cream machine in the kitchen. But let's start small. 

I love the term "Modern Vintage." I actually came up with this term approximately a year ago. Turns out someone else had the same idea and naturally beat me to the punch by writing a book about it. 
Oh well! I still want this book!
My most recent obsession has been scouring thrift shops, flea markets, and auctions to score awesome vintage pieces to use as accents in my rooms.  
Flea Market Chic seems like another book I would enjoy for the same reasons!
I have been able to find a lot of great pieces at thrift shops.
I love when a room is full of quirky finds or when colors and prints are mixed and matched. 
And of course, being the hand crafter that I am, it is only necessary for me to have a book called Handmade Home! Nothing is better than pieces in your home that are made by you. 
 Undecorate shows a lot of good ideas on how to make a room look pulled together, but is still laid back and easy. Which is perfect!
By the way, my birthday is coming up. (wink, wink)
=] Only kidding.
I hope you check some of these out and let me know if you find anything else I might like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment