March 14, 2013

Hey, Hey!

So you remember how I said I had something I wanted to tell you?
Well listen up! Because I'm telling you right now! 

No, this news will not be nearly as exciting as when I announced my engagement. 
But I am still fairly stoked about what is to come. 
About the news! 
As of April 1st, I will be working 4 days at my full time job and 1 day at a girl named katie! 
One big leap for me, one small step for a girl named katie. 
So, maybe you're not as excited as I am. It doesn't even matter. 
I have been struggling with this decision for months. 
I knew I needed to do something, but at the same time I was terrified.
It's scary to start climbing to the edge of the safety net. 

With getting married, needing to find a place to live, have a stable income to be supported by, etc., etc. 
It was hard to finally come to terms with what needed to be done. 
Yes, it is only one day, but it is a baby step closer to living my dream job. 
How did I know? 
I calculated the hours I need to spend sewing and networking a week by figuring out the income I want to begin making off of my handbags divided by how long it takes to make one, how much it costs to make a bag, and how many I need to sell a month. 
The number was a little hard to look at, but I thought I could possibly manage it along with my full time job.

And then I had a meeting to discuss how to get my business out there.
Afterwards I realized that I can't possibly continue on the same path considering how many hours I need to not just sew, but to actually market my business.

So, here I go!


What's up next?
Get the word out there! I'll be a busy social bee! And you can help! 
Tell your friends about us by sharing our updates and pinning our pictures. 

More bags! Outfit posts! Sewing Projects! And More!
(Super excited!)

Love, Katie

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a huge step! I saw the instagram that Caroline of Sew Caroline posted of the new bag of yours she got... and I LOVE your bags! They are gorgeous. I want one.. I'll have to add it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you love my bags! I invite you to join my mailing list and follow my blog on bloglovin' to stay informed and receive special offers.

      Delete
  2. wow, that is great news!!! love your bags! the color and designs are soo pretty~!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete