August 23, 2012

A little bit of Awesome.

I have to admit, I love interior design. Which really isn't that shocking since I love fashion design as well and they are rather closely related, I like to think. 
Fabric, color, accessories, etc. 
When a good friend moved into a new place I offered to help him in the design field.
I just enjoy decorating rooms, I can't help it. 
 I asked him to email me a picture of the space and then I came up with three basic ideas for the space and put together a rough collage in Photoshop so he could visualize each thought.
I figured I would show you what I came up with because I am rather proud of myself considering 
I don't do this for a day job. 
Idea One: 
I thought it would be fun to add a bold art statement in the room that is eye catching yet very simple. 
This could be done easily with square canvases and paint for a fun ombre effect that doesn't
 take a lot of effort or talent. 
Idea Two: 
This idea began with the center image, which I have been admiring on my desktop for the past week thinking it would make a great drawing. But then I thought it would even be good as a enlarged print in a guy's apartment. I thought 3 images would be a nice focal point, so I added two other prints.
It would be fun to do a similar photo shoot and create your own special pieces for the wall.
Idea Three:
My favorite part of any room are the details. Especially those that are quirky or vintage.
I chose some "floating" wood shelves and then added some cool knick knacks to add some personality to the space. I tried to choose a few items that reminded me of my friend.
The best part of this wall is the thrill of the hunt for each piece.
I get super stoked when I find things in great accent colors.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway from a girl named katie!
Check out this post to find out the details of how to enter: Giveaway
Thank you to all of those who already have! 
I appreciate your support!
-Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment