January 9, 2014

Wedding Day: Reception Dress + First Dance

I have a ton of exciting news to share with you this week!
But let's start with just one thing at a time. 

Congratulations to our dear friends, Josiah and Megan who are expecting their first child!
Gah! We are so excited for them!
Josiah and Megan were our fabulous musicians at our wedding reception.
We are so blessed to have them in our life and were so happy they could share their talents to make our wedding even more special. I told them the week of our wedding that we were going to have our first dance to one of the songs they were covering for our reception. 
We danced to Holy Wedding by The City Harmonic. It was beautiful and exciting to have our first dance accompanied by two people we love.
I knew I wanted to have two dresses for our wedding and at least one of them I was going to make. 
I chose to make my reception dress, that I seriously only started the week of our wedding.
I put the last stitch in the morning of our wedding!
But I could not have been more thankful I had a second, shorter dress to wear that day. 
Boy was it hot! And dragging around a gown all night would have been a bear!
I made a tea-length dress, with a full skirt and lace bodice that was accented with pearls and sequins.
I used a beautiful ivory satin for the skirt. 
I kept my accessories simple with cute glitter flats and a teal bow in my hair.


The dress was sweet, romantic, and classic. 
Everything I could have wanted. 
For the most beautiful wedding I could have imagined.

This past Monday marked 6 months for Josh and I as a married couple.
We are so excited for the next six!

Stay warm!
Katie

1 comment: