February 28, 2013

End of February.

 Dance classes wrapped up until April.
What shall I do until then? Gym maybe? Yoga videos?
 We had a perfect snow defined by pillowy soft mounds resting upon tree limbs...Pure white fluff dusting the yard...and best of all clear iceless roads! 
I finally made my sparkling gold pears to use as table accents at our engagement party. 
Despite the Future Hub hating glitter, I feel they are a great success and I managed to create these gems relatively mess free. I highly recommend pouring glitter into a plastic container (like one from the deli) and dropping your glue covered fruit in, closing the lid, and shaking.
It literally takes two seconds and almost all the unwanted mess of glitter remains in the container.
 36 artificial pears = $23.00  + 1 jar of glitter = $2.50
Total: $25.50

I fully intend on using these for another party or two and then as Christmas decorations. 
Pear tree, anyone?
Other decorations included:
Mini Milk Jars (really just recycled Starbucks Frappe Glasses)
Utensil bags: Handmade by Etsy sellers, Bags = $15.75 for 50, Custom Stickers = $11.00 for 50
Tulle Garland (Made by me) = $5.00
Plates, Utensils, and Napkins: $36.00
Food: $99 for 50 people

Total Party Cost: $192.25, divided by 50 people = $3.85 per person. Not bad!
On to the next task! 

Follow me on instagram: http://instagram.com/agirlnamedkatie

2 comments:

  1. That looked like such a cute setup! Love the pears and those shoes in the first pic look super comfy.
    Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd like to invite you to check out the giveaway for a $50.00 gift card to Shabby Apple! http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete