October 2, 2013

At Home: Kitchen Sink

I finally tackled our dirty sink!
Boy! I tell ya!
This has been on my to-do list from the day we moved in! 
I tried cleaning the sink the before we finished moving in, but I could not get it clean!
I started doing some research for ways to make our stainless steel sink in our apartment shine again.
The sink was covered in water stains and grime.
But now it sparkles! 
 
It was shocking how clean it got with just ordinary kitchen ingredients! 

You will need: 
  • White Vinegar - Apply this first, using a spray bottle. Spray all over sink.
  • Baking Soda - Then sprinkle the powder over the vinegar. I then scrubbed the sink.
  • Hot Water - Wait 10-15 mins and then Rinse the sink with HOT water. Spray with vinegar once more and then wipe clean with a paper towel.
  • Lemon - Cut in half and scrub the sink, squeezing the lemon. I sprinkled baking soda on the lemon juice to help it remove the water stains. Rinse again with hot water. Then wipe clean with a paper towel.
  • Cooking Oil - Using a paper towel to apply, rub some oil onto the sink to bring out the shine and help preserve your hard work! 

And tah-dah! 
Back to doing dishes in a CLEAN sink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment