January 11, 2013

Sometimes I'm a graphic designer....

So as you have probably heard by now,
I'm getting married!
We are super excited! (Josh is particularly excited for the day after our wedding, when the planning is all over.)
However, I intend on making the most of my planning experience and enjoy the process as much as I possibly can. Because after all, I love planning parties! 
And a wedding is just a HUGE party, right? 

As two young folks, Josh and I don't have 30 grand to drop on a wedding. 
Nor do I believe that is necessary even if we would. 

So we are going to save as much as possible on our wedding day by thrifting, borrowing, and creating everything to keep in check our $4,000 budget for the entire shindig from engagement party to after party. 


First up are the invitations and guest cards for our engagement party! 
These are the Guest Cards. 
The Guest cards are simply that, cards for our guests. (About 45 people will be invited (...I'm marrying into a big family!))
On the back we asked our select few to be our wedding party as well as assigned other family members to ways they could help us on our big day. 

 I took the time to design these invites myself! (Being a yearbook graphic design editor in high school came in handy afterall...)
And we paired these bad boys up with some colorful envelopes which we got at a craft store half price. 
Pack of 100 Envelopes in various bright colors = $10.00
I even printed them and cut them all at home! 
I got the cardstock in clearance at a craft store for $3.97
I don't really consider myself a graphic designer, but hey, I don't think I too shabby of a job either way!
Cutting out Joshuas beard...
Not fun, but worth it. 
And finally, the engagement party invitations! 

Altogether:
$13.97 for invitations and guest cards
Perfect! 

I am swooning over the ideas I have for my wedding and can't wait to share with you the decorations and recipes I have chosen for the party! 
Stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment