March 5, 2014

Craft Party!

The other weekend I invited some of my lovely friends over to join me for a crafty brunch. 
I treated them with homemade waffles, fresh fruit, strawberry bruschetta and french breakfast donuts fresh out of the oven.
I asked each guest to bring a mug or plate to decorate because we were going to make sharpie mugs!
Have you tried this?!

The girls made some cute mugs and I decorated a couple of plates I thrifted a few days earlier.

We used Sharpie oil-based paint pens and after waiting a couple days I baked them at 425F for 30 minutes. I popped them in the oven as it was preheating so the ceramic could slowly rise to temperature. Once they were done I turned off the oven and left them cool with the door closed for 15 minutes. 
I cracked open the door to let them come down to room temperature.
They look good!

If you are looking to doodle on some of your own mugs, use caution when decorating with strong oil-based paints and when baking. Make sure you ventilate the room for safety.

It is recommended that you hand wash your new dishes. 

If you are decorating mugs, only decorate the outside of the mug. For plates, use them as decoration or serving trays. Do not eat or cook on them. 


We had so much fun we are going to have another one soon and I can't wait!
What should we make next?!

Have fun crafting!
Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment