February 8, 2014

Project: Little White Dress

I was almost done with my LWD, it just needed a hem...
And then I tried it on again...and I am not feeling it.
Not only do I find it borderline boring, it needs a couple lifts and tucks to make it look like it was actually made for me. The proportions are just off. The torso is too long, the sleeves are just wrong, and the under bust needs a good pinch.

Have you ever sewn something that seemed like a great idea 
and then when trying it on hated it just a little?

Needless to say, I will be spending the afternoon pulling apart the waistline and cutting new sleeves.
At least the piping details look nice. 
In the meantime I will be creating a back up plan.
LWD #2
I have some white stretch cotton and pearl buttons to use with this burda pattern.
I hope to make it to the store in time to purchase some more pearls to stitch somewhere on the dress to make it more interesting. "Make it work."
Which dress I actually enter in the Pattern Review contest will be a fun little surprise for you!

Wish me luck!
Katie


4 comments:

  1. I like the dress on the form. I'm having some issues with my dress, which is why I'm reading blogs instead of finishing the last of my lining and putting in a hem. I think my husband nailed it. He said he's just not sure about the white. I am liking everything I see from others, but I'm not feeling it with my dress.
    I really like the lines of the dress and the piping details. I think the white lets the fabric texture on your stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette! I agree, I am just not feeling the white. I have so many ideas, but they all feel too formal for daywear. I did some adjusting to my dress, updates to follow! Good luck on your LWD! Can't wait to see it!
      Katie

      Delete